1. Auto Home
2. Move the nozzle down to the bed and use the paper method or a feeler gauge to set the probe offset. I found that my new zero was -0.7mm lower than previous so I changed the probe offset:
3. Save the settings with M500
4. Auto Home
5. Set up the level probe and run an auto-level
6. Save the settings with M500
7. Move the nozzle down to the bed and use the paper method or a feeler gauge to verify the probe offset is correct. If it does not zero at the correct spot and a change is needed, repeat all the steps again.
8. PID Autotune (nozzle):
M303 E0 C8 S215
9. Use the settings the autotune provides (which will be on the terminal) to update the settings.
Recv: #define DEFAULT_Kp 15.24
Recv: #define DEFAULT_Ki 1.14
Recv: #define DEFAULT_Kd 50.96
so set them like this:
M301 P15.24 I1.14 D50.96
10. Save the settings with M500
11. Verify the settings for PID and the z-probe offset using M501
There is another "hack" or tweak that can be done if the height is still off after all this. The delta height value can be modified but if that is done, the probe offset should also be adjusted by the same amount so the next time the autolevel is done, things will not change.
Ex - here the nozzle is smooshed too much into the bed, so this will raise it up by 0.1mm - decrease the delta height and also decrease the probe offset by 0.1mm:
M665 L271.86 R134.91 H278.50 S160.00 B93.00 X0.37 Y-0.03 Z-0.33
M665 L271.86 R134.91 H278.40 S160.00 B93.00 X0.37 Y-0.03 Z-0.33