- About 1/3 of a 20oz can of Pineapple chunks (use the rest for kabobs)
- 1 1/2 cups of the juice from the pineapple can (or just make the balance up with water)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon of Butter
- 1 cup of Jasmine Rice
- 1 packet of Savory Choice Chicken Broth Concentrate
- 1 teaspoon minced Ginger
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Huy Fong Foods Chili Garlic Sauce
These are optional:
- A couple tablespoons of slivered almonds
- a 1/2 teaspoon of oil (to roast the almonds a bit)
- 1 Tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon of cilantro (more or less if you don't like cilantro)
Add everything but the almonds, oil, lime juice and cilantro to the Instant Pot and cook it on the rice setting.
While the rice is cooking, put the almond slivers in a pan or dish (or foil even) with the oilve oil. Make sure the oil coats the almonds and put them in the air fryer at 400°F for a few minutes. I added them to the air fryer while the kabobs were also cooking and probably let them roast for about 4-5 minutes. The should not get burned, but wanna toast them a bit.
When the rice is done in the Instant Pot, just add the lime juice, almonds and cilantro to taste, and fluff the rice, and that's it.
I made this with some Chicken Kabobs using this recipe (https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/hawaiian-chicken-kabobs/) but I substituted apple cider vinegar for the rice vinegar and added 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Huy Fong Foods Chili Garlic Sauce. I also added the rest of the pineapple juice from the can to to the marinade, while reserving the rest for the rice. I cooked the kabobs for about 14-15 minutes at 420°C in the air fryer. Just gotta keep an eye on them, turning them now and then, and checking the internal temp of the chicken which should be at least 165°F.