1. Cut up about 1 lb of Beef Chuck Roast, trim as needed.
2. Season the beef with Southwest Seasoning and then refrigerate for 1 hour if possible.
3. Set the Instant Pot to Saute and add a small amount of oil just to coat the bottom of the pot (I use Safflower Oil). When it heats up add the beef and allow the cubes to brown on each side (about 1-2min per side).
4. Remove the beef from the pot and insert the steamer rack, add about 1 cup of beef broth or water. I also use BBQ sauce which is either thin or has been thinned using water.
5. Put the beef into the pot and cover with BBQ sauce (put it on top).
6. Cook for 1 hour on the medium heat setting and then allow 30 minutes for the "natural" pressure release.
7. Remove the beef from the pot and set it aside for a minute, remove the steamer rack also.
8. Set the instant pot to simmer to boil down the broth. Here is where I also remove about 1/2 the broth (if water or broth was used), and add in additional BBQ sauce, and then if necessary thicken it with cornstarch. I usually test the sauce several times to get it right.
9. Once the sauce is thickened and seems OK, put the beef back into the pot and shred it with 2 forks.