This was adapted from a creamed corn recipe here, which is probably much better but I did not have the cream and my corn was in a can. In any case I would use the one linked if you have the stuff, but this should be OK in a pinch.
What you will need:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- about 2-3 tablespoons of a medium onion, minced (it was about 1/2" of a sliced from the middle of a medium onion)
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 ounce can of corn, drained
- 1/4 cup of milk (add some more at the end if needed)
- 2 tablespons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper to taste
Just heat the butter over medium heat till it melts, then add the minces onion in and cook till its soft.
Then dump the drained can of corn, milk and garlic in the pan, cook 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring often. If it gets to dry, add a bit of milk back or reduce the heat to low.
Stir in the Parmesan cheese and then taste it to see if it needs salt and pepper, and that's it. I think some chopped jalapenos , a half teaspoon of smoked paprika or red pepper flakes may be nice to try next time, to spice it up a bit, but it was good the way it is too.