I was gonna swap a CCTV camera with a brand new one that has been sitting in the box for a while. I tested it in normal light but did not notice when I bought it, that it has a problem in low light. This camera has four IR LEDs which were reflecting off the clear plastic cover and causing the low light image to be washed out with a bunch of smudges (like the lens was dirty). The problem was due to the IR LEDs and the camera lens not being tight against the plastic cover, so I made some hoods for the lens and IR LED optics which close the gap between them and the clear plastic cover. They were printed in Priline TPU which is the first TPU I have printed, and it worked great out of the spool, but like all TPU it degraded with moisture since I didn't have my printer set up to use a sealed spool holder. It's in the dehydrator now (130°F for 4-6 hours) which helped the first time I ran it through. This TPU is really tough with just a small amount of flex, like hard rubber, seems like it is tough stuff and I plan to use some for outdoor projects. I'm using it for another project to make some cable seals for the gazebo LED strips.
Welcome to my Stoopid corner of teh Internet. It's mostly gonna be 3D printing stuff, but I also post some recipes, projects, and the occasional rant here as well. More Stoopid stuff is updated regularly.