The original design from Hartk1213 is great, and I do not feel this is an improvement, just different. The primary difference is that the bearing is moved up (higher than the MGN9 carriage) and back just a fraction of a mm which would otherwise interfere with the carriage). Hartk1213's design has the bearing sitting tight against the carriage which helps to retain it fully but limits moving the bearing back towards the carriage (since it sits tight to the carriage). I could have used the original design and just re-adjusted my AB joints a touch (like a fraction of a mm) and it would be fine as well.
To make the remix, I used the models from the Voron Github, so I set the center of the GE5C bearing using the CAD model's center of the M5 bolt which attaches the lower belt clip. Using that position meant the bearing would interfere with the MGN9 carriage, so I raised the bearing just enough to clear the MGN9 carriage. To both raise the bearing above the carriage and hold it in all directions, I had to split the joint. The split is designed with a lot of surface area, so it would be possible to use some glue, to better hold it together. So far I have not glued mine.
This design is an almost ground up remix, so some dimensions are changed from the original model. I used the STEP file from the Voron Github to assist with setting up the alignment of the parts. If interested, please check it out on Printables, and if you like it, please post a make for it there (which helps get me to a first roll of Prusament).
I could not find a decent deal on Amazon for the bearings, but they are less expensive in quantity on AliExpress (and maybe Ebay as well) - UPDATE these are garbage, they have too much play. If you want to try the IGUS bearings they have them on KB-3D.com (though I have not tried these - but probably will).
I feel that the updated design is stronger now, and feels very solid (printed in ABS). I used some superglue on the joints, and had to cut the bearing out of one of them to salvage it, when I iterated the design.
The updated design can be found at the links below. If you like the model, please post a make over at Printables, since that will help get me closer to a spool of Prusament:
Update 8/11/2023: My first idea was dumb, so I'm thinking of something else which won't use the GE5C bearings. For now though, I'm going to leave it as-is.
Update 8/22/2023: My second idea was also dumb, so my third idea was to move the bearing up to the part below the belt retainer, which may have some advantage being closer to the gantry, but it's neither printed nor tested. This design is on the back burner for now, and won't be posted unless somebody wants to test it and provide feedback. Note that the lower part attached to the carriage is just a placeholder, since it would be designed as a solid part, with a M5 screw going into it. The carriage mount would need to have a nut or M5 insert, but otherwise is very simple.